The Other Watson at Wanton Creation has shared the Liebster Award with me this week. Big hugs and big thank you! This award is meant for people with under 200 followers. Rules are as such: Answer the 11 questions asked by the award-giver, pick 11 people for the award and pose 11 new questions. Check out the receiving blogs below too! .
11 Questions from The Other Watson:
1. What’s your favourite word in the English language?
For now, I think it’s “Tough”.
2. What are you listening to as you write the answer to this question (if not music, what sounds)?
‘Missing you now’ by Michael Bolton, slamming of keyboards and chairs creaking.
3. What was the last thing you ate that you really, really enjoyed?
Steak from Morton’s.
4. You’re at a job interview and the interviewer asks you to make them laugh. What do you do or say?
Ok this is hard. I don’t ever wish to have to answer this.
“This is a trick question, isn’t it?” or “You’re gorgeous”. – somehow these statements make people laugh, awkwardly maybe, but it does. Except, an interviewer might not.
5. The world is about to blow up, but you’re being saved, and are allowed to take five things to another planet (aside from the clothes you are currently wearing), where you and only 999 other people will now exist (ignore the bleakness of this question). What do you take?
Can I take people along? Alas, if not –
(i) My laptop (ii) My cellphone (iii) Clean set of clothes (iv) A soft-toy, though I haven’t decided which (v) A potato or something that reminds me of life on earth.
6. What’s your favourite drink to consume first thing in the morning?
Coffee, without a doubt.
7. What was the last book to make you cry?
I haven’t cried because of a book for a long time. Many other things brought tears, though. In any case, I think it was a Chinese novel (yes I read Mandarin) by author Chi Zijian, translated literally as “All Nights in the World”.
8. What’s the most ridiculous or silliest way you’ve been injured?
I left my finger by the window and shut the pane. Horrendous.
9. What’s your favourite city in the world? Why?
The world is my home! I don’t think I have a favourite city.
10. What’s the most embarrassing album in your music collection? (Be honest)
Are they embarrassing?
Maybe a song from Disney’s Mulan collection – I’ll make a man out of you.
11. To borrow an old line from a Crowded House song, would you rather a mansion in the slums or a caravan in the hills (i.e. a nice house in a not nice area, or a tiny living space but with views)?
Again without a doubt – caravan in the hills i.e. tiny living space with views!
My 11 Questions
1. What is your favourite season of the year?
2. What is on your mind 80% of the time when night falls?
3. Are you a writer or an artist?
4. Which two individuals would you call within your network if this was the last day of life on Earth? Why?
5. If you could travel back in time, state a time period and geographic location you wish to visit.
6. What languages do you speak?
7. Are you working at your ideal job? If not, why?
8. Who is your favourite poet?
9. Do you prefer to sing or dance?
10. What makes you feel worse: an insult from a stranger or an insult from a friend?
11. What do you want to achieve within the next 5 years?
I’m ignoring this <200 followers rule because I simply cannot tell.